Either you love or hate the Lorac Pro eyeshadow formula. In my case I really do enjoy it. That is one of the reasons why I went ahead and ordered this palette right when I had access to it. Unfortunately, it’s not what I was expecting .. So back to Ulta it will go. I gotta say I and very disappointed. I really wanted to enjoy this palette as much as I enjoy the previous 2. The shadows are very velvety and easy to work with, the quality is there (with the exception of Medallion, that is just a mess of chunky glitter). My biggest complaint is that the shimmer shadows are very soft and barely show on the eye. Granted, the shadows can be used wet but I did not try to apply them that way. I expected a pop of shimmer/ color, something that I didn’t get with the majority of the shades in the bottom row. For the price ($44.00), I expect for the shadows to impress me and give me unique looks.
I bought this palette a while back and wanted to share my thoughts:
The palette comes with 18 baked, bright,duocrome, shimmery and satin shadows. To get the best color pay off from these shadows you definitely need to foil them or apply with your fingers. I do recommend using a primer to help keep the look in place.
I didn’t experience fall out during application or through out the day. The cardboard packaging is very firm and beautifully designed. This palette is less than $15.00, money well spent quality is definitely found in this formula. Not to mention, it’s very fun to use and create different looks.
Swatches: no primer, used my finger, shadows are dry.
Great palette. I didn’t have any baked or duocrome eyeshadows in my collection so I’m very happy with my purchased and excited to experiment a little more. What are your favorite baked shadow formulas?
Have you guys heard of Periscope? It’s a great app where you can broadcast live ! I decided to create and account and invite everyone who is passionate about makeup to come follow me! I would love to hang out with you all and talk all about makeup, lifestyle and maybe follow me around to shopping trips or anything that I may feel you guys will be interested in. It will all be live making it a great way to interact. What are you waiting for, let’s get to know one anther! I want to interacting with people that share the same interest as me. You can find me on Periscope: luzz05. If you have a Periscope account please leave your profile name in the comments so I can go follow you as well!
Hope to see you there!
Fist Box of 2016 just arrived! Lets see what’s inside ….
- Blinc Mascara Amplified Full Size: $26.00
- Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky Full Size: $39.95 ( All Revealed palettes always go on sale for $19.00, wait until the sale of you are interested in purchasing any of the Revealed Palettes).
- Royal & Langnickel Brush Set (R)evolution Full Size: $23.97
- Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner Full Size: $19.00
Total Value: $108.92
I really enjoy receiving this box, it’s a great way to try new products and brands. I am very excited to try the Blinc Mascara and that Pink eyeliner. The smoky palette I want to compare to my Urban Decay Smoky I am so in love with, that will be interesting.
Review of previous Box:
December’s box came with a couple of products that I did not use but over all I had fun playing with new formulas. I loved 3/6 products. Still was a good box.
- Tatcha Petal Fresh Original Aburatorigami: Full Size $12.00 : I did not use this, I have dry skin.
- Jelly Pong Pong All Over Glow: Full Size $15.95 : This highlighter is so lightweight. It feels very refreshing . I applied it before foundation and it gave a healthy glow.
- NCLA So Rich Cuticle Oil: Full Size $18.00 : I did not use this product. I didn’t pay much attention to my nails this month.
- Nelson J Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Mask Full Size: $23.00: I was not impress with this mask. It is more of a liquid texture. I expected a thick cream. I did not see any difference in my hair. The coconut scent is more of a chemical scent.
- Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick: Full Size $19.90 : This is the first Ofra liquid lipstick I own and I cannot wait to purchase more. This lipstick did not dry out my lips. It feels very comfortable and is long lasting.
- Bellapierre Waterproof Gel Lip Liner: Full Size $17.99: The formula of the lip liner is moisturizing and has a velvety feel. It is easy to apply and is long lasting. Both the liquid lipstick and lip liner paired beautifully and together lasted a long time on my lips, through eating and drinking.
Want to know more about this subscription: Boxycharm is a monthly subscription where you can expect to receive 4-5 deluxe to full size beauty related products for only $21.00. They have a point system where you can review the products on their website and receive “Charms” that can accumulate and be redeemed in their shop. You also get “Charms” when reffering a friend. Here is a direct link: ReferBoxycharm.
What new products are you playing with this month? What products have you rediscovered within your makeup collection?
After several months of trying to convince myself not to purchase the Kat Von D: Shade and Light Palette I gave in and ordered it.
My initial thoughts:
- A great mix of cool and warm tones.
- All matte powders.
- Grey undertones, perfect for shading.
- Colors don’t come out looking muddy or chalky.
- Smooth texture.
- Simple but sturdy packaging.
- Good size mirror, love the boarder design around it.
I found it very easy to blend and it did not fade during the day. Great lasting power. I cannot stop using it! My only regret is waiting so long to purchase it!
What is your favorite contour palette? What contouring palette did impressed you in 2015?
Walgreens has a new display of the New Wet n Wild products that include brand new releases and new formula throughout the whole line. I wanted to share with you my initial thoughts after I used them for the first time and see what is worth buying and what is best skipping out on. Let’s get started….
The Illuminating Palette in Catwalk Pink is gorgeous. It blends easily and is very smooth. The glitter is not too over powering that looks like it’s just sitting on the skin. You get 4 highlighers that have a good mix of warm and cool tone shades for $5.99. Definitely through it in your basket if you come across it!
Yes Yes! A brand new blush shade to add to their color icon blush line, Rose Champagne. It has a beautiful glow, very fine glitter gives a more satin finish. The formula is very smooth almost buttery texture. The price, $2.99 there is defined room in the basket for this!
The ultimate brow mascara in Nothing But Bru-nette, only 3 shades available. It’s a cream gel formula, therefore I found it a bit too wet to work it into my eyebrows. I also don’t like the fact that the product is not evenly covering the brush rather it all clumbs together in the middle, as shown in the picture below. That makes it hard to achieve an even application. Once it dried I was left with a hard/greasy feel. We can skip this, $4.99.
Velvet Matte Lip Color in Hickory Smoked and Charred Cherry. No room in our basket for these, $3.49.They feel very soft and moisturizing on the lips but it’s so hard to build on the color. They do not apply evenly. I found that the more I passed it on my lips the more the product would move around and give me more of a washed out look.
So glad to have the opportunity to join you in your shopping trip. I hope my initial thoughts on these products were helpful! What products from Wet n Wild will you be purchasing? Any that you are excited on trying?
Looking for a natural inner glow? Wet n Wild: Reserve Your Cabana is a beautiful product that will help you achieve just that. It is marketed as a bronzer but its a neutral gold that is perfect as a highligher. You will not find chunky glitter or have it just sit on your skin. It blends in your skin and has a very soft and velvety texture. It’s simple to apply with a brush like the Elf Blush Brush or even your finger. The best part, it’s less than $5.00. You can find it at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, most drugstores.
What are your favorite drugstore highlighter?What are your favorite Wet n Wild products?