Either you love or hate the Lorac Pro eyeshadow formula. In my case I really do enjoy it. That is one of the reasons why I went ahead and ordered this palette right when I had access to it. Unfortunately, it’s not what I was expecting .. So back to Ulta it will go. I gotta say I and very disappointed. I really wanted to enjoy this palette as much as I enjoy the previous 2. The shadows are very velvety and easy to work with, the quality is there (with the exception of Medallion, that is just a mess of chunky glitter). My biggest complaint is that the shimmer shadows are very soft and barely show on the eye. Granted, the shadows can be used wet but I did not try to apply them that way. I expected a pop of shimmer/ color, something that I didn’t get with the majority of the shades in the bottom row. For the price ($44.00), I expect for the shadows to impress me and give me unique looks.
Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask.
•Refreshing •Cooling •Moisturizing •Calming gel helps soothe dry, irritated skin with extracts of cucumber, papaya, chamomile, pineapple, sugar, maple, sugarcane, orange, lemon, bilberry, aloe •For all Skin Types
Apply a generous coat on clean skin. Rinse after 10 minutes with cool water. Use 2-3 times a week or daily.
This is a lightweight gel mask that is very refreshing and cooling the second I apply it to my face. It’s gentle enough to use daily but I only use it once a week. Once I remove the mask my skin feels very smooth and hydrated and ready for makeup application. It is very pricey, $52.00 for 5.0 oz but I have been using a sample size of 0.5 fl oz and so far I have been able to get about 5 uses out of it and I’m not half way done with it, a little goes a long way. I’m very happy with the results of this mask. I will purchase the full size. You can find Peter Thomas Roth masks at: Sephora, Ulta, Macy’s, Nordstrom and Peter Thomas Roth website.
Have you tried any of the Peter Thomas Roth? If so, what are your thoughts? Have you tried this cucumber mask? Any recommendations for a cheaper alternative?
Do you need a moisture boost? Agave lip mask may be able to provide you that! They’re 3 options to chose from:
- Original, clear (Google image)
I have been using this agave original mask for over a month and I actually have seen and felt a difference in my lips. I use it about twice a day. My favorite time to apply it is before bed because I wake up with smooth, soft and hydrated lips, it’s pretty amazing. When I apply it in the morning I am able to see a plumping effect though out the day while having it on. It does not have a sticky feel. The mask does last on your lips for several hours and doesn’t move around. The texture is extremely thick almost waxy but with the warmth of your finger while application it melts and spreads beautifully. It has a soft sweet vanilla scent which I love. The scent does last a while so if you dislike vanilla scented products you may not enjoy it as much. The price for this mask is $26.00 for 0.52 oz but because of it’s rich formula all you need is a pea size amount. It comes in a squeeze tube, you do need to apply pressure to squeeze product out, just be careful not to take out too much.
(You will find more in depth details about this product. Information below was taken from Sephora’s website. I encourage you to take a look at the ingredients, its pretty great when you can recognize and know most of the ingredients in a product.)
What it is:
A soothing, leave-on lip mask that replenishes moisture in lips.
What it does:
This innovative, natural formula smooths, nourishes, and moisturizes lips with a bio-active blend of organic agave nectar, jojoba oil, vanilla CO2 extract, and triple the amount of antioxidant trans-resveratrol found in red wine.
-Resveratrol: Provides antioxidant benefits equivalent to 15 glasses of red wine.
-Jojoba Oil: Heals.
What else you need to know:
This product does not contain gluten or petroleum.
Lanolin* (medical grade), Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil**, Organic Agave Tequilana (blue agave) nectar**, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables*, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax)**, Flavor, Vanillin, Siraitia Grosvenori (Monk Fruit)*, Vanilla Tahitensis (Vanilla) Fruit Extract*, Organic Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Trans-Resveratrol*, Vitis Vinefera (Grape) oil*, Tocopherol acetate*, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (And) Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (and) Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*.
-Apply at bedtime or wear throughout the day for an instant boost of hydration with long-lasting shine.
Have you tried Bite Beauty’s lip mask? What are your favorite lips products? Please share in the comment section!
Time for another unboxing! This month’s theme: RUSH TO RELAX… yes please! I sure need some time to relax, this month has been pretty busy and restless… so in this box we got 6 items…..
- Spongelle You Have My Heart on a String- Full SIze $15.00: A heart shaped body washed infused buffer enriched with hydrating olive oil & blend of energizing and toning extract.
- Beauty For Real Blush- Glow Stick- Full Size $24.00: A 2-1 blush and highligher created to not only color and highlight, but also provide anti-aging benefits. This cream-to-powder long wearing formula delivers light reflecting benefits and glowing radiance, which ensures a smooth, beautiful, flawless finish.
- Shray Ms. Amazing Facial Mask- Full Size $12.00: An ultra hydrating mask to quench thirsty, ragged, and dull skin. This moisturizing mask is gentle enough for everyday use yet tough enough for your supercharged life.
- Ofra Banana Powder Godet- Full SIze $12.00: This innovative new product can be used as an all-in-one face powder.
- Freeze 24/7 Anti-Aging Eye Serum-Sample Size $58.00: Say goodbye to fine lines,wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness with this ground breaking, lightweight eye serum.
- Realtree For Her-10ml Travel Size $12.99: A delightful fragrance with the sweet of pomegranate, a hint of persimmon and an exotic scent of orchids.
Total Value: $133.99
Review of January Box:
- Blinc Mascara Amplified Full Size: $26.00 I found this mascara to be very different from any other that I have used. I am very impress has to how easy it is to remove. With just hot water, the mascara rolls off and does not leave any residue. I did not find it to be lengthening or volumizing.
- Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky Full Size: $39.95 Great pigmentation, easy to blend. Possible dupe for Naked Smoky. ( All Revealed palettes always go on sale for $19.00, wait until the sale of you are interested in purchasing any of the Revealed Palettes).
- Royal & Langnickel Brush Set (R)evolution Full Size: $23.97 I really enjoyed these brushes. I reach for them constantly. They are very soft, pack on and blend eyeshadow evenly. Stiff enough to smudge shadow. I specially love to use them when working with dark shades as it helps reduce any fallout.
- Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner Full Size: $19.00 Very intense shade, glides on beautifully and stays all day.
Let’s see how this month’s product perform. I’m looking into other subscription services.. Any recommendations??????
During the cold winter months I have suffered from dry itchy skin. Happy to say that this Target Up&Up body wash really made a difference on my skin.
- Compares to St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash : I find the Up&Up more lightweight therefore prefer this one over the St. Ives.
- Gently Cleanses and Moisturize skin: my skin did not get irritated after use and I did not find the need to apply lotion after the shower. My skin felt great throughout the day.
- Light-moisturizing formula helps soothe and pamper dry skin: because this body wash does not contain any strong fragrance my skin feels a lot more comfortable and not at all itchy.
I am extremely satisfied with the results this body wash has given me. My husband has acne prone skin and has recently started using this, he also has seen how soothing his skin has felt after using this product. I can’t believe how amazing this body wash is, great price (less than $3.00 at Target) and amazing quality! I sure will be using this product year round!
I found this NYC liner at Walmart for less than $5.00. This is a pigmented black felt tip fine pen liner that provides an even application, easy to create a thin or thick line. The lasting power is not very great but by setting it with a black eyeshadow you can trust the liner to stay in place and last all day. I found that without setting, this liner easily transfers in just a few hours after application.
I bought this palette a while back and wanted to share my thoughts:
The palette comes with 18 baked, bright,duocrome, shimmery and satin shadows. To get the best color pay off from these shadows you definitely need to foil them or apply with your fingers. I do recommend using a primer to help keep the look in place.
I didn’t experience fall out during application or through out the day. The cardboard packaging is very firm and beautifully designed. This palette is less than $15.00, money well spent quality is definitely found in this formula. Not to mention, it’s very fun to use and create different looks.
Swatches: no primer, used my finger, shadows are dry.
Great palette. I didn’t have any baked or duocrome eyeshadows in my collection so I’m very happy with my purchased and excited to experiment a little more. What are your favorite baked shadow formulas?